The EKC Group have developed plans to regenerate this currently empty and former department store building in Margate to provide new physical premises for the new college. Once complete, MargateDigital will be a specialist industry-focused college purposefully positioned in the town as a vibrant centre of creativity in the South East.
EKC’s mission is to develop people, nurture new ways of thinking and to innovate; collaborating with creative and digital industries to give our students the skills and opportunities they need to get ahead in these transformational sectors. The new spaces included in the development are:
- A skills demonstration space
- An open-plan, flexible and interactive media space
- Workshop-style visual media rooms
- A photography/film studio, equipped with integrated lighting, motion capture and video
- Production rooms
- Digital suites for coding and user experience design.
- Office space
The EKC Group is working in partnership with Thanet District Council and have successfully applied for over £5m in Levelling Up Funding from the Government to undertake the project.